Moving Writers, the blog, will be back in business after Labor Day. We can’t wait to bring the gang back as well as introduce you to some amazing new friends. In the meantime, we wanted to give you a sneak peek at what is happening in the Inside the Blended Workshop Community!
The September issue of Inside the Blended Workshop will arrive in paid subscribers’ inboxes next week! Here’s what you can look forward to:
- Four BIG ideas for making reading and writing conferences both meaningful and efficient, whether your students are face-to-face or virtual.
- How do you know if your students are actually learning online? I’ve got a quick idea to help you monitor and triage learning.
- A first-month-of-school activity to help students begin reading like writers.
- A survey I’m using to help me plan digital lessons based on my students’ needs — and you can have a copy!
- A community-building writing unit for grades 6-12 complete with mentor texts and a unit map.
- A K-5 writing unit with mentor texts and possible mini-lessons
PLUS I’m sending 7 graphics, organizers, and forms for you to download, customize, and use with your own students.
Like August, there will also be a podcast version to listen to if that’s your jam.
Subscribers will now be receiving a separate mid-month Q&A newsletter where I’ll answer a question from newsletter comments or our Facebook community (where we are already sharing fabulous ideas and resources, including additional unit plans!) And our first quarterly live Q&A Zoom session will be coming up in October!
I’m loving this community of support that we’re building!
P.S. You can join us by subscribing here or at the link below!